Clapham Junction Train Station is one of the busiest Rail Stations in Europe, handling up to 50,000 passengers per day. H.A. Marks designed and installed vitreous enamel cladding and a ceiling for the project located at the Ticket Hall and the Grant Road entrance.
Works consisted of:
- To design and installation of new VE Cladding and a new rain water catchment system
- New ceiling to the entire ticket hall
- Strip out and full refurbishment of the ticket hall
- New ticket of ce
- New lift and associated sub-structure works
- Platform alterations to accommodate new lift
- Re-modelling the external areas, forming new DDA ramp and entrance steps
- New curtain walling
- New rain catchment system to ceiling of ticket hall
- New barriers and power installations
- Electrical lighting
- New walls, oors and ceiling finishes
Staff accommodation and customer service area improvements
The works are being carried out in sequenced phases including engineering hours. Careful logistics and passenger safety are the top priority on this project with much of the works carried out at nights and weekends.